Sunday, September 28, 2008

DJ Raeo

I walked into Robin's house to pick up Billie, and he was in the middle of a video shoot. Light streamed into the bedroom, and Matt was in full camouflage, hiding his identity from the camera that was capturing his artwork as it was created.

What struck me most was the music... I heard it first in my gut, my body picking up on it before my ears... Turns out they were listening to a friend of Matt's named DJ Raeo, and his April 2006 mix. This mix is phenomenal... keeps moving at just the right pace, yet isn't intrusive, and then certain moments crescendo, or drop deep, either way, you are just sort of left with your mouth open like "noooo way.. that was siiiiick"

I actually can't wait to dance to it. and do yoga to it.

Check out DJ Raeo's April 2006 mix, and several of his other mixes, for free at: http://raeo.net/

No comments: