Monday, October 27, 2008

Quick Note on why I LOVE technology...


I am currently working on a case study for a finance class that involves quantifying the network effect, as well as viral growth and user retention for Facebook. With a plethora of sources on the internet, I was not concerned about whether I would find the metrics I was looking for... but admittedly, was a bit worried about how long it would take me to narrow it down!

So, what arrives on my cell phone a few hours ago? A tweet from Tim Ferris (@tferris)pointing out an article by RedEye VC on quantifying virality and engagement. Now, I'm well on my way...

This is just one example of why I am so passionate about technology and the potential it has augment our lives, regardless of profession, industry, or anything else.

On that note, I HIGHLY recomend checking out Girls in Tech, an enterprise equally passionate about illustrating how tech augments the lives of women (as supporting women entreprenuers, particularly in tech. I know I have shared articles by them before, but I just wanted to highlight them one more time.

No comments: