Friday, October 17, 2008

Game Theory (and other useful lessons)


I'm sure it does not come as a surprise to anyone who knows me that I absolutely LOVE Open Courseware. All of that knowledge, by some of the sharpest minds in their field, available on demand, for free... swoon!

Normally, I just listen to courses about math and science topics I don't understand at all, but am utterly fascinated by... Recently, however, I came across a course on a topic that I had been wanting to take for some time: Game Theory!!! Yale University just made an introductory course on Game Theory available. According to one of my favorite professors, it change the way you look at everything.

On a side note, there is a comprehensive open course list available through Open Culture (which is fabulous resource for all knowledge media on the web).

Have you "taken" any other open courses? What did you think? Any recommendations?

No comments: