
I won't lie-- normally bars scare me! Most are overly processed, high in sugar, fat and calories, and chock full of impossible to pronounce ingredients. However, in a moment of rabid hunger a few weeks ago I found the blissful exception: Cliff Z- Bars for kids!
Its rare to find a prepackaged snack that is delicious, inexpensive and nutritious, but these yummy bars are all three:
- Delicious: The chocolate brownie bars are rich, and taste very chocolaty (notice I said chocolaty, not chalky). They even have little chocolate chips in 'em! They are sweet, but not overly sweet like many Luna bars, and have a great cake-like texture.
- Inexpensive: Trader Joe's sells Z bars for .69 cents a pop! Cant beat that! (Actually... you can also buy packs of 6 at Target for $3 or so).
- Nutritious: Aside from the taste, what most impressed me about Z- Bars is their nutritional content. Most importantly, the ingredients are all readable and identifiable. With a few exceptions, you can find every ingredient at the grocery store.
Also, they pack great nutritional bang for the buck. Each bar (which is pretty substantial in size) contains 3 grams of fat and 120 calories, but is high in fiber and protein, and all sorts of vitamins and minerals.
Finally, while on the topic of bars: I recently came across You Bars, which allows you to customize your own bars. Of course, as primarily a raw foodist I sort of make random stuff like this all the time-- but still, a neat concept!
No comments:
Post a Comment